Thank you for your interest in working with Equal Access.
Equal Access International, a non‐profit organization headquartered in San Francisco, empowers underserved communities in the developing world with critically needed information, education and leadership training. With funding from bi‐laterals, multilaterals, foundations, corporate and individual donors, we implement innovative media and community outreach programs that inspire positive social change on issues such as women’s empowerment, human rights, global health issues, youth & education, and civic participation & governance. Operating in Nepal, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Yemen and Burkina Faso, with over 150 staff worldwide and a ten‐year plus track record implementing media and social change projects in challenging locations, Equal Access seeks a skilled auditor for our international field operations. Equal Access’ culture is dynamic, hard‐working and collegial. With consistent annual growth, Equal Access is poised to extend its impact globally.
Internal Auditor/ Accountant
We seek a motivated professional accountant and auditor with experience in monitoring, auditing and training field finance staff. The ideal candidate has experience with international operations and familiarity with government contract requirements, USAID regulations and grant reporting. The Internal Auditor will report to the Controller and will collaborate closely with the field office finance teams. The Internal Auditor will be based at the headquarters office in San Francisco and will be expected to travel to each field office at least annually for monitoring, auditing and training.
- Oversight of all field office financial operations through detailed review of all financial reports sent to headquarters.
- Audits financial transactions, conducted from headquarters or at the field office levels. Compliance testing to ensure that operations are within Equal Access policies and procedures as well as meeting Donor requirements.
- Provide training and mentoring to field office staff.
- Assist with annual external audit.
- Communicate audit-related issues, including audit status, findings, conclusions and significant problems to management as the audit fieldwork progresses.
- Examine Equal Access International accounting records, procedures, systems of internal control to determine compliances with Donor and Organization requirement that records, distributions, revenues, and disbursements are accurate and documented.
- Make recommendations and comments to Controller in improve accounting controls, efficiency and safeguard of Company assets.
- Perform follow-up reviews as necessary to assure corrective actions have been implemented.
- General accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with at least 3 years of professional-level audit experience in internal auditing, public accounting, government or private industry.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles of accounting and auditing.
- Basic understanding of GAAP and non-profit accounting standards with an emphasis on international financial reporting.
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in French highly desired.
*Special Requirements: This job will require a criminal background check.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to coordinate diverse tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff from diverse cultures.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel on short notice, and for periods up to 4 weeks.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the chance to join an innovative and dedicated international team passionate about our mission. Applicants must have the right to work in the United States, and we do not provide sponsorship.
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating your interest, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Internal Auditor” in the Subject Line of the email.